Arthur I. Appleton's Icy Atlantic tops the $200,000 Caesar Rodney Stakes, a 1 1/8-mile turf test that drew 12 entries to Delaware Park Sunday.
Arthur I. Appleton's Icy Atlantic tops the field for the $200,000 Caesar Rodney Stakes, a 1 1/8-mile turf test that drew 12 entries to Delaware Park Sunday.
The $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (Grade I) is the headline event of Saturday's "Fall Festival of Racing" at Laurel Park, but the day also features seven additional stakes races. A total of 132 horses are entered in the 10-race card, including 107 in the added money races.
Trainer John Sadler and jockey Garrett Gomez of California will team with C R K Stable's hard-luck horse We All Love Aleyna in the $150,000 Knickerbocker Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Sunday.
Cheveley Park Farm's Battle Chant slipped between horses straightening away for home and bounded to victory Saturday the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup on the turf at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win