Things have been working out for Victor Espinoza lately; the $500,000 Gold Cup (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park was the most recent example.
Fury Kapcori, on a three-race win streak for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, looks for his first graded stakes victory in the $100,000 Precisionist (gr. III), the featured event at Santa Anita Park on Derby day May 3.
Goldencents made a solid return to sprinting one month ago when second by a head in the Bing Crosby Stakes, and the Santa Anita Derby winner is back on the Del Mar main track Aug. 25 facing 12 in the Pat O'Brien Stakes.
Kettle Corn came from off the pace to win the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. III), spoiling the return of Paynter to graded stakes competition July 27 at Del Mar.
Continuing a storybook comeback from near death last spring after winning the Haskell Invitational (gr. I), Paynter will pack 122 pounds versus five solid rivals July 27 in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala