The top three finishers in the Queen's Plate Stakes--Sir Dudley Digges, Amis Gizmo, and All On Red--are set to face off in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes July 26 at Fort Erie.
Shakhimat, the winter book favorite for the Queen’s Plate for Hall of Fame trainer Roger Attfield, tops the six-horse field for the July 12 $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes at 1 1/8 miles over the Tapeta all-weather track at Woodbine Racetrack.
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds. read blog
Texas jockey Roman Chapa is facing felony criminal charges related to race-fixing following allegations that he carried an electrical shock device in a winning race at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 17 in Houston.
A Commonwealth Court judge has affirmed an order by the Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission that upholds the ejection of jockey Orlando Bocachica from the grounds of Philadelphia Park after he admitted to using a battery on numerous occasions during morning training hours, but not during an actual race.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Infinite Wisdom in Wide-Open Oceanport