The top three finishers in the Queen's Plate Stakes--Sir Dudley Digges, Amis Gizmo, and All On Red--are set to face off in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes July 26 at Fort Erie.
Shakhimat, the winter book favorite for the Queen’s Plate for Hall of Fame trainer Roger Attfield, tops the six-horse field for the July 12 $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes at 1 1/8 miles over the Tapeta all-weather track at Woodbine Racetrack.
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds. read blog
Texas jockey Roman Chapa is facing felony criminal charges related to race-fixing following allegations that he carried an electrical shock device in a winning race at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 17 in Houston.
A Commonwealth Court judge has affirmed an order by the Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission that upholds the ejection of jockey Orlando Bocachica from the grounds of Philadelphia Park after he admitted to using a battery on numerous occasions during morning training hours, but not during an actual race.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes