Afleet Alex gave Oaklawn Park its second major contender for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) in as many years with his smashing win Saturday in the Arkansas Derby (gr. II).
A field of 10 was entered for Saturday's $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. II), and although two of the "Big Three" stabled at Oaklawn this winter will run, it is not quite what the Hot Springs track had envisioned.
Lewis Lakin's Greater Good rallied from well off the pace to collar runaway pacesetter Rockport Harbor for a half-length victory in the $250,000 Rebel (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Spendthrift Buys Breeding Rights to Palace
- Wyoming to Shut Down Historical Racing Games
- Lovely Maria Out Rest of Year
- Midlantic Sale Topped by Malibu Moon Filly
- Stellar Wind Fresh for Distaff
- Galileo Yearlings Top Tattersalls Opener
- Compromise Sought on KY Downs Dates Request
- Papa John's Pizza to Support Aftercare
- Woodford Stakes Grade Reinstated
- Innovation in Racing Not Without Obstacles