It took My List eight tries just to break her maiden last year. But since then the 3-year-old Banker's Gold filly has figured out how to win, as was the case on Nov. 25 in the $150,000 Bessarabian, when she outfinished Wild Gams by a neck to capture the seven-furlong sprint on the Woodbine Polytrack.
California stallion Batonnier, whose son Cavonnier nearly won the 1996 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and whose maternal grandson commanded $4 million at the Keeneland July yearling sale, died July 15 of an apparent heart attack at Ellen Jackson's Victory Rose Thoroughbreds near Vacaville
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Proposed Multiple Medication Violator Changes
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet