Bates Motel, champion older male of 1983 and sire of 38 stakes winners, was euthanized Oct. 12 at Gainesway Farm due to infirmities of old age.
Bates Motel, champion older male of 1983 and sire of 38 stakes winner, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Roy's Trigger won Saturday's $109,775 Jim Edgar Illinois Futurity for 2-year-old Illinois-bred colts and geldings at Hawthorne.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale ended its 10-day run Wednesday with increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price. Compared to a year ago, when the auction had 11 sessions, the gross revenue and average rose 4.3% and 9.9%, respectively, while the median soared 40%. The number of horses sold decreased 5.1%.
With his rider letting out a big yell just before the wire, a Bates Motel colt recorded the fastest work at an eighth of a mile Sunday during the final under tack show for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. He covered distance in 10 seconds flat at Southern California's Fairplex Park, eclipsing the fastest clocking of :10.1 during the first under tack show on Feb. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm