Veteran television executive Basil DeVito Jr., who served as senior vice president for television and sponsorship for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association from 1998-99, has rejoined the organization as president of NTRA Productions.
Maybe you're not a fan of the WWF, or particularly impressed with the startup XFL. But in the opinion of Basil DeVito, Thoroughbred racing can learn from their successes and failures. DeVito, a former National Thoroughbred Racing Association executive who now is president of the XFL, presented the Warner L. Jones Jr. Distinguished Lecture at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium in Louisville, Ky. The event was sponsored by the University of Louisville's Center for Equine Management.
Most Popular Stories
- Wyoming to Shut Down Historical Racing Games
- Midlantic Sale Topped by Malibu Moon Filly
- Spendthrift Buys Breeding Rights to Palace
- Lovely Maria Out Rest of Year
- Galileo Yearlings Top Tattersalls Opener
- Compromise Sought on KY Downs Dates Request
- Stellar Wind Fresh for Distaff
- Papa John's Pizza to Support Aftercare
- Woodford Stakes Grade Reinstated
- Innovation in Racing Not Without Obstacles