Ohio horseman Robert Butzer died Oct. 16 in Canton, Ohio, after a period of declining health.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Street Boss is a filly out of the winning King of Kings mare Top Tier.
- By Esther Marr
After Old Man Buck posted a victory in the Sept. 3 Miller Lite Cradle Stakes at River Downs and a third-place finish in the Oct. 6 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland, trainer Kenny McPeek decided to try the son of Hold that Tiger in either the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf or the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
More than $12 million will be awarded to Thoroughbred breeders through the Kentucky Breeders' Incentive Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve