Ohio horseman Robert Butzer died Oct. 16 in Canton, Ohio, after a period of declining health.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Street Boss is a filly out of the winning King of Kings mare Top Tier.
- By Esther Marr
After Old Man Buck posted a victory in the Sept. 3 Miller Lite Cradle Stakes at River Downs and a third-place finish in the Oct. 6 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland, trainer Kenny McPeek decided to try the son of Hold that Tiger in either the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf or the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
More than $12 million will be awarded to Thoroughbred breeders through the Kentucky Breeders' Incentive Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift