Ohio horseman Robert Butzer died Oct. 16 in Canton, Ohio, after a period of declining health.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Street Boss is a filly out of the winning King of Kings mare Top Tier.
- By Esther Marr
After Old Man Buck posted a victory in the Sept. 3 Miller Lite Cradle Stakes at River Downs and a third-place finish in the Oct. 6 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland, trainer Kenny McPeek decided to try the son of Hold that Tiger in either the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf or the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
More than $12 million will be awarded to Thoroughbred breeders through the Kentucky Breeders' Incentive Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season