A strong opening day of Goffs November breeding stock sale Nov. 21 was topped by the Aga Khan Studs' Hazariya, who sold to Oliver St. Lawrence for 480,000 euros ($594,740 in United States funds).
Weekend Strike, who is in foal to Quality Road, became the highest-priced horse sold so far at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when she brought $2.3 million.
The offspring of Galileo commanded the highest prices during the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 22 in England.
The only yearling by the ill-fated George Washington attracted the most attention leading up to the Oct. 7 second day of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale but it was a daughter of Pivotal and a son of Galileo that stole the show.
Trade was selective at Tattersalls' one-day December yearling sale in England Nov. 24, with a clearance rate of 55% for the 103 lots that changed hands.
The Maktoum brothers may not currently be purchasing the progeny of Coolmore stallions, but an eclectic group of buyers helped that Irish stud supply all the top lots during Wednesday's final session of a highly-successful revamped Goffs Orby Million yearling sale in Ireland.
- By Mark Popham
A record-breaking largest ever Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket last night with a 21,157,000 guineas turnover for 738 sold, up 23% on the amount yielded by 585 sold a year ago.
A record-breaking largest ever Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket, England on Saturday with a 21,157,000 guineas gross for the 738 horses sold, up 23% on the amount yielded by 585 sold 12 months ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot