Weekend Strike, who is in foal to Quality Road, became the highest-priced horse sold so far at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when she brought $2.3 million.
The offspring of Galileo commanded the highest prices during the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 22 in England.
The only yearling by the ill-fated George Washington attracted the most attention leading up to the Oct. 7 second day of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale but it was a daughter of Pivotal and a son of Galileo that stole the show.
Trade was selective at Tattersalls' one-day December yearling sale in England Nov. 24, with a clearance rate of 55% for the 103 lots that changed hands.
The Maktoum brothers may not currently be purchasing the progeny of Coolmore stallions, but an eclectic group of buyers helped that Irish stud supply all the top lots during Wednesday's final session of a highly-successful revamped Goffs Orby Million yearling sale in Ireland.
- By Mark Popham
A record-breaking largest ever Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket last night with a 21,157,000 guineas turnover for 738 sold, up 23% on the amount yielded by 585 sold a year ago.
A record-breaking largest ever Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket, England on Saturday with a 21,157,000 guineas gross for the 738 horses sold, up 23% on the amount yielded by 585 sold 12 months ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger