Weekend Strike, who is in foal to Quality Road, became the highest-priced horse sold so far at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when she brought $2.3 million.
The offspring of Galileo commanded the highest prices during the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 22 in England.
The only yearling by the ill-fated George Washington attracted the most attention leading up to the Oct. 7 second day of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale but it was a daughter of Pivotal and a son of Galileo that stole the show.
Trade was selective at Tattersalls' one-day December yearling sale in England Nov. 24, with a clearance rate of 55% for the 103 lots that changed hands.
The Maktoum brothers may not currently be purchasing the progeny of Coolmore stallions, but an eclectic group of buyers helped that Irish stud supply all the top lots during Wednesday's final session of a highly-successful revamped Goffs Orby Million yearling sale in Ireland.
- By Mark Popham
A record-breaking largest ever Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket last night with a 21,157,000 guineas turnover for 738 sold, up 23% on the amount yielded by 585 sold a year ago.
A record-breaking largest ever Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket, England on Saturday with a 21,157,000 guineas gross for the 738 horses sold, up 23% on the amount yielded by 585 sold 12 months ago.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity