Grade I winner Heir Kitty was purchased Emmanuel de Seroux's Narvick International on behalf of a Japanese buyer for $750,000 to top the July 20 Del Mar paddock sale.
Three juveniles from the same consignment sped a furlong in :09 4/5, the fastest time at the under tack preview for the Barretts Sales & Racing May sale of 2-year-olds in training May 9.
A son of Giant's Causeway who breezed a furlong in :09 4/5 topped the Barretts March 2-year-old sale at $1,150,000. He and three others sold for more than $500,000 to push up the average by 23.9% to $177,750 for the sale
Coming off a 2013 March sale that sent out its three top-priced horses to win stakes, Barretts Sales & Racing will host its 25th anniversary select 2-year-old sale March 3. Many top national consignors are back this year.
Moving the under-tack preview forward a day to dodge wet weather paid off for the Barretts Sales & Racing March 2-year-old select sale. A nice crowd of prospective buyers was on hand Feb. 27 to witness 104 horses breeze.
A flashy gray colt by The Pamplemousse impressed trainers and pinhookers at the Barretts Sales & Racing October yearling sale, with Bob Baffert going to $160,000 to buy the top-priced offering at the Oct. 8 sale.
Having completed its first race meet under the rebranded Barretts Sales & Racing, the company will offer its annual yearling sale Oct. 8 with a catalog of 248 young prospects.
A week after Barretts extended its brand to include racing at Fairplex Park, the auction company will host its March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training in Pomona, Calif. The March 4 sale has cataloged 138 youngsters.
Barretts Equine Limited and Fairplex Park have been combined and renamed Barretts Sales & Racing. The Thoroughbred auction house and racetrack name change is effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Union Rags Colt Goes for $1 Million at OBS