The Barretts October yearling sale bounced back from its decline a year ago with a $175,000 sale topper and an average that climbed 14.8% from 2013.
California Chrome continues to wield his influence, this time with the plethora of yearlings by his sire, Lucky Pulpit, in the Barretts October yearling sale. The catalog of 259 hip numbers includes 23 by Lucky Pulpit.
The catalog for Barretts October Yearling Sale, featuring 259 yearlings to be sold Oct. 7, is now online and will be mailed soon.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Thoroughbred Breeding, Thoroughbred Sales, West Region, Off Track Thoroughbreds
There are many ways to raise awareness and money for Thoroughbred aftercare, and at the recent Barretts October yearling sale one idea proved very successful.
Having completed its first race meet under the rebranded Barretts Sales & Racing, the company will offer its annual yearling sale Oct. 8 with a catalog of 248 young prospects.
The catalog for the Barretts October Yearling Sale, featuring 249 youngsters Oct. 8, is now online and will be mailed soon.
Owners of California-bred foals of 2010 have until Feb. 15 to pay a $300 fee for eligibility in the new Golden State Series, a program of stakes and purse enhancements totaling more than $2.3 million in its initial year.
With California-breds dominating the Barretts October yearling sale catalog, buyers looking to take advantage of the recently announced Cal-bred stakes additions will have plenty of choices.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective