The second fall Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos that begins Thursday, Sept. 10, will be highlighted by the $100,000 Barretts Debutante for 2-year-old fillies and the $100,000 Barretts Juvenile for 2-year-old males.
Unbeaten Wake Up Nick rallied to win the $103,900 Barretts Juvenile by 2 3/4 lengths Sept. 14 at Los Alamitos Racecourse, improving to 5-for-5 in his young career.
Live daytime racing comes back to Los Alamitos Race Course from Sept. 5-21 with an 11-day fall meeting in conjunction with the Los Angeles County Fair.
The 2010 stakes schedule for Fairplex Park in Pomona, Calif. features two races worth $110,000 each.
Having one of the best afternoons in his young career, leading rider Tyler Baze won five races at Fairplex Park on Saturday, including the $100,000 Barrett's Debutante with Last Kiss.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag