The second fall Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos that begins Thursday, Sept. 10, will be highlighted by the $100,000 Barretts Debutante for 2-year-old fillies and the $100,000 Barretts Juvenile for 2-year-old males.
Unbeaten Wake Up Nick rallied to win the $103,900 Barretts Juvenile by 2 3/4 lengths Sept. 14 at Los Alamitos Racecourse, improving to 5-for-5 in his young career.
Live daytime racing comes back to Los Alamitos Race Course from Sept. 5-21 with an 11-day fall meeting in conjunction with the Los Angeles County Fair.
The 2010 stakes schedule for Fairplex Park in Pomona, Calif. features two races worth $110,000 each.
Having one of the best afternoons in his young career, leading rider Tyler Baze won five races at Fairplex Park on Saturday, including the $100,000 Barrett's Debutante with Last Kiss.
Most Popular Stories
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Second Straight Turf Female Championship for Tepin
- Ocasio Earns Outstanding Apprentice Jockey Eclipse