The second fall Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos that begins Thursday, Sept. 10, will be highlighted by the $100,000 Barretts Debutante for 2-year-old fillies and the $100,000 Barretts Juvenile for 2-year-old males.
Unbeaten Wake Up Nick rallied to win the $103,900 Barretts Juvenile by 2 3/4 lengths Sept. 14 at Los Alamitos Racecourse, improving to 5-for-5 in his young career.
Live daytime racing comes back to Los Alamitos Race Course from Sept. 5-21 with an 11-day fall meeting in conjunction with the Los Angeles County Fair.
The 2010 stakes schedule for Fairplex Park in Pomona, Calif. features two races worth $110,000 each.
Having one of the best afternoons in his young career, leading rider Tyler Baze won five races at Fairplex Park on Saturday, including the $100,000 Barrett's Debutante with Last Kiss.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake