The second fall Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos that begins Thursday, Sept. 10, will be highlighted by the $100,000 Barretts Debutante for 2-year-old fillies and the $100,000 Barretts Juvenile for 2-year-old males.
Unbeaten Wake Up Nick rallied to win the $103,900 Barretts Juvenile by 2 3/4 lengths Sept. 14 at Los Alamitos Racecourse, improving to 5-for-5 in his young career.
Live daytime racing comes back to Los Alamitos Race Course from Sept. 5-21 with an 11-day fall meeting in conjunction with the Los Angeles County Fair.
The 2010 stakes schedule for Fairplex Park in Pomona, Calif. features two races worth $110,000 each.
Having one of the best afternoons in his young career, leading rider Tyler Baze won five races at Fairplex Park on Saturday, including the $100,000 Barrett's Debutante with Last Kiss.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother