In the Royal Ascot opener Tuesday, June 16, favored Solow delivered a rousing victory in the $585,000 Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I), extending his win streak to seven races, including three straight group I victories.
France Galop said Sept. 20 it's considering a proposal from its new president, Baron Edouard de Rothschild, who has suggested shortening the distance of the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I), the French Derby, from 2,400 meters (12 furlongs) to 2,100 meters (10.5 furlongs).
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud