William de Burgh has announced that his grade I winner Heatseeker will begin his stud career in 2009 at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington
Grade I winner Heatseeker, who was scratched from the June 28 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), has been retired from racing due to a soft tissue injury.
Thomas Van Meter's stakes winner Victory U. S. A. will most likely make her first start of the year in Saturday‚s $300,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II), trainer Bob Baffert said Monday after the filly worked six furlongs in a quick 1:11 4/5.
A slight chance remains that the Thoroughbred Corp.'s Officer will run in the Kentucky Derby, but trainer Bob Baffert first needs to see an impressive performance in Saturday's Coolmore Lexington Stakes at Keeneland.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's homebred Popular was headed in the stretch by 13-10 favorite Roman Dancer, then fought back to the lead under jockey Victor Espinoza to win Sunday's $107,900 San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) by a nose at Santa Anita.
Del Mar will honor The Thoroughbred Corporation's recently retired Point Given on Wednesday when the popular chestnut will be paraded prior to the fourth race of the track's closing day card.
Belmont Stakes hopeful Dollar Bill worked five furlongs at Churchill Downs Sunday in company with stablemate Kazoo. Over the fast surface, the trouble-prone son of Peaks and Valleys covered the distance in :59 3/5 under exercise rider Joanne McNamara.
Flame Thrower, who remained unbeaten in four starts with a victory in the Norfolk Stakes Oct. 7, worked a half mile in :46 1/5 breezing Wednesday morning at Santa Anita for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile. Also working were Arabian Light, Notable Career, Point Given, and Street Cry. Caffe Latte worked Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt