William de Burgh has announced that his grade I winner Heatseeker will begin his stud career in 2009 at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington
Grade I winner Heatseeker, who was scratched from the June 28 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), has been retired from racing due to a soft tissue injury.
Thomas Van Meter's stakes winner Victory U. S. A. will most likely make her first start of the year in Saturday‚s $300,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II), trainer Bob Baffert said Monday after the filly worked six furlongs in a quick 1:11 4/5.
A slight chance remains that the Thoroughbred Corp.'s Officer will run in the Kentucky Derby, but trainer Bob Baffert first needs to see an impressive performance in Saturday's Coolmore Lexington Stakes at Keeneland.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's homebred Popular was headed in the stretch by 13-10 favorite Roman Dancer, then fought back to the lead under jockey Victor Espinoza to win Sunday's $107,900 San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) by a nose at Santa Anita.
Del Mar will honor The Thoroughbred Corporation's recently retired Point Given on Wednesday when the popular chestnut will be paraded prior to the fourth race of the track's closing day card.
Belmont Stakes hopeful Dollar Bill worked five furlongs at Churchill Downs Sunday in company with stablemate Kazoo. Over the fast surface, the trouble-prone son of Peaks and Valleys covered the distance in :59 3/5 under exercise rider Joanne McNamara.
Flame Thrower, who remained unbeaten in four starts with a victory in the Norfolk Stakes Oct. 7, worked a half mile in :46 1/5 breezing Wednesday morning at Santa Anita for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile. Also working were Arabian Light, Notable Career, Point Given, and Street Cry. Caffe Latte worked Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows