Miss Empire will be seeking her second stakes win when she headlines the field of eight 2-year-old fillies entered in the $150,000, six-furlong Landaluce Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park July 14.
Racketeer, runner-up to Heatseeker in last year's Native Diver Handicap (gr. III), makes a one-week turnaround for trainer Barry Abrams in this year's $100,000-added renewal of the 1 1/8-mile Cushion Track event Dec. 6 at Hollywood Park.
Idiot Proof, runner-up in the 2007 TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), faces fellow grade I winner In Summation in the $100,000 El Conejo Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 1.
Grade I winning sprinter Greg's Gold returned from an absence of more than 18 months to win a $78,120 allowance event over four rivals at Santa Anita Sunday.
Sweet Stream, an English champion and French group I winner, has been retired from racing because of a bone fracture in a hind foot.
Harry J. Aleo's Frisco Star, who set a track record last summer at Santa Rosa when he broke his maiden by 8 1/2 lengths, made his long awaited second start Thursday at Bay Meadows and scored a hard-fought victory.
Team Valor and Gary Barber's Reine de Romance rallied in the stretch under jockey Eddie Delahoussaye to win Sunday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks