Jim McAleney and Jono Jones recorded riding doubles, Lorne Richards had the training double and Barbeau Ruckus was the only repeat winner, during the 2006 edition of Woodbine's Yearling Sales Stakes day on Monday.
American invader Gouldings Green captured the $151,600 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram's Cup (Can-III) in convincing fashion Sunday at Woodbine.
Margaret Squires' Norfolk Knight, with Jill Scharfstein aboard, pulled an upset in Saturday's featured $129,375 Steady Growth Stakes, an Ontario Sires event at Woodbine.
The $166,650 Woodbine Slots Cup (Can-III), which serves up a perfect mix of frontrunners and closers, millionaires and up-and-comers, won't be an easy test for any of the nine contenders Saturday, including the razor-sharp Barbeau Ruckus.
Parose, the Alberta-bred 9-year-old owned by John Atto, showed his much younger rivals a thing or two while capturing the $163,800 Durham Cup Stakes (Can-III) Saturday at Woodbine.
Winless in eight starts in 2002, Barbeau Ruckus won Saturday's $128,625 Sir Barton Stakes at Woodbine with Constant Montpellier in the irons.
It's been a season of narrow losses for the hard-knocking Dillinger, who'll face five rivals in Saturday's $136,625 Sir Barton Stakes at 1 1/6 mile for colts and geldings.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks