The National Thoroughbred Racing Association Dec. 5 announced that its subsidiary, NTRA Charities, has disbursed $90,801 in support of one new and two continuing equine medical research projects.
Artist Susan Sommer-Luarca's portrait "Barbaro" -- a 5' by 4' tonal acrylic on canvas that was painted at Churchill Downs during Kentucky Derby week -- brought a final price of $14,400 at the conclusion of bidding yesterday on eBay.
Bidding on acclaimed artist Susan Sommer-Luarca's portrait "Barbaro" is up to $12,600 with bidding continuing on Ebay until June 1 at 10:00 a.m. (EST).
Yum! Brands, presenting sponsor for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), announced Monday, April 30, that it will offer a $1-million to the connections of any horse that wins this year's Derby and beats Barbaro's winning margin of 6 1/2 lengths.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Churchill Downs, Magna Entertainment, and the New York Racing Association announced March 20 that Kentucky Derby day, Preakness Stakes day, and Belmont Stakes day have been established as national fundraising dates for the NTRA Charities Ã¢â‚¬" Barbaro Memorial Fund.
The NTRA board of directors has approved a 2007 budget that projects $19.5 million in revenue and $19.2 million in expenses.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has created the Barbaro Memorial Fund to raise awareness and money for equine health and safety research.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA