The National Thoroughbred Racing Association Dec. 5 announced that its subsidiary, NTRA Charities, has disbursed $90,801 in support of one new and two continuing equine medical research projects.
Artist Susan Sommer-Luarca's portrait "Barbaro" -- a 5' by 4' tonal acrylic on canvas that was painted at Churchill Downs during Kentucky Derby week -- brought a final price of $14,400 at the conclusion of bidding yesterday on eBay.
Bidding on acclaimed artist Susan Sommer-Luarca's portrait "Barbaro" is up to $12,600 with bidding continuing on Ebay until June 1 at 10:00 a.m. (EST).
Yum! Brands, presenting sponsor for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), announced Monday, April 30, that it will offer a $1-million to the connections of any horse that wins this year's Derby and beats Barbaro's winning margin of 6 1/2 lengths.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Churchill Downs, Magna Entertainment, and the New York Racing Association announced March 20 that Kentucky Derby day, Preakness Stakes day, and Belmont Stakes day have been established as national fundraising dates for the NTRA Charities Ã¢â‚¬" Barbaro Memorial Fund.
The NTRA board of directors has approved a 2007 budget that projects $19.5 million in revenue and $19.2 million in expenses.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has created the Barbaro Memorial Fund to raise awareness and money for equine health and safety research.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session