Looking fresh as a daisy, California Flag humbled his rivals in the $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) with a front-running 2 1/4-length victory on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita April 21.
Keith Card, former president of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association and recently inducted into the state's Racing Hall of Fame, died March 8. He was 83.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association names Jerry and Ann Moss the leading owners for 2009. Edward Evans is TOBA's national breeder of the year, and Hi Card Ranch is the top small breeder of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote