Looking fresh as a daisy, California Flag humbled his rivals in the $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) with a front-running 2 1/4-length victory on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita April 21.
Keith Card, former president of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association and recently inducted into the state's Racing Hall of Fame, died March 8. He was 83.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association names Jerry and Ann Moss the leading owners for 2009. Edward Evans is TOBA's national breeder of the year, and Hi Card Ranch is the top small breeder of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win