Looking fresh as a daisy, California Flag humbled his rivals in the $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) with a front-running 2 1/4-length victory on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita April 21.
Keith Card, former president of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association and recently inducted into the state's Racing Hall of Fame, died March 8. He was 83.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association names Jerry and Ann Moss the leading owners for 2009. Edward Evans is TOBA's national breeder of the year, and Hi Card Ranch is the top small breeder of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie