Shug's Hope won the sixth race at Sunland Park March 21 and became the first winner for New Mexico stallion Shame On Charlie, a full brother to dual champion filly Indian Blessing.
Tim Ritchey and Beverly Frazier's Dancing Afleet upset the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park on July 13, winning her third straight race while getting her first graded stakes victory at odds of 9-1.
Academy Award, a graded stakes-winning son of Secretariat, was euthanized Aug. 24 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky., because of complications from chronic laminitis.
Purse bonuses under the Delaware Certified Thoroughbred Program at Delaware Park were increased June 1.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association board of directors announced the appointment of Bessie S. Gruwell as the association's executive director, effective Jan. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY Approves Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- Clabes Appointed Executive Director of KEEP
- Case Against Pena Results in Three-Year Ban
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD