Shug's Hope won the sixth race at Sunland Park March 21 and became the first winner for New Mexico stallion Shame On Charlie, a full brother to dual champion filly Indian Blessing.
Tim Ritchey and Beverly Frazier's Dancing Afleet upset the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park on July 13, winning her third straight race while getting her first graded stakes victory at odds of 9-1.
Academy Award, a graded stakes-winning son of Secretariat, was euthanized Aug. 24 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky., because of complications from chronic laminitis.
Purse bonuses under the Delaware Certified Thoroughbred Program at Delaware Park were increased June 1.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association board of directors announced the appointment of Bessie S. Gruwell as the association's executive director, effective Jan. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture