The Barbados Turf Club said Ken and Sarah Ramsey's multiple stakes winner Major Marvel has been added to the list of nominees for the 33rd renewal of the Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup.
Mrs. Gay Smith's homebred 6-year-old gelding Zoom was placed first in the March 5 Sandy Lane Barbardos Gold Cup in Bridgetown, Barbados, after fellow local Show Me the Money was disqualified after finishing first.
Owner Eugene Melnyk goes for his third Sandy Lane Gold Cup on Saturday, March 5 as his recent claim Safety Zone heads a field of 12 in the turf race in Barbados.
Canadian drug maker Biovail Corp., which was formerly headed by prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder Eugene Melnyk, agreed March 24 to pay a $10-million fine to resolve federal regulators' charges of civil accounting fraud and deceiving investors and analysts.
The $16-million record-priced Forestry colt that was bought by Demi O'Byrne for John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud at the Fasig-Tipton Calder 2-year-old sale has been named The Green Monkey.
Just how far will a rider go to get the chance to defeat Canadian Triple Crown-winning jockey Patrick Husbands? If you're Richard Dos Ramos, the answer is great lengths, plus a few thousand miles.
Gay Smith's favored Thady Quill closed from midpack on the final turn to take the $110,000 Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup Saturday at Garrison Savannah Racetrack near Bridgetown, Barbados.
Sally Arbib's Blast of Storm posted his third straight win in the Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup on Saturday at the Barbados Turf Club when he won a stretch duel with Eugene Melnyk's Warleigh.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released