Peter Vegso's resilient 8-year-old homebred Silver Tree returned to the winner's circle for the first time since last August, stalking the pace and then pulling away in the stretch to win the $100,000 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/2 lengths April 27 on the Aqueduct turf.
Millionaire Cosmonaut figures to be the clear favorite in the Nov. 23 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. The field of seasoned, older runners features horses bred in Kentucky, California, Canada, England, and Ireland.
Following a big effort in the Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) last month, Shadwell's Shakis returns to the Belmont Park inner lawn as one of the favorites in Sunday's $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66