Peter Vegso's resilient 8-year-old homebred Silver Tree returned to the winner's circle for the first time since last August, stalking the pace and then pulling away in the stretch to win the $100,000 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/2 lengths April 27 on the Aqueduct turf.
Millionaire Cosmonaut figures to be the clear favorite in the Nov. 23 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. The field of seasoned, older runners features horses bred in Kentucky, California, Canada, England, and Ireland.
Following a big effort in the Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) last month, Shadwell's Shakis returns to the Belmont Park inner lawn as one of the favorites in Sunday's $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night