Craven Breeze-up sale catalog has 194 horses listed.
Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale failed to keep pace with the 2006 renewal, falling by 20% with its 8.636 million guineas turnover. The clearance rate of 63% was also off when compared with 84% 12 months ago.
After a shaky start Tuesday night, Tattersalls' 2007 Craven Breeze-Up Sale rallied to produce a 5,138,000gns turnover, 9% short of last year's figure, a 74,464gns average, down 1% and 52,000gns median, down 5%.
Europe's 2-year-old in training record price was passed twice at the Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale Wednesday, most dramatically by a 500,000 guineas Fusaichi Pegasus colt out of champion 2-year-old Lyric Fantasy bought by Fusao Sekiguchi.
The Doncaster breeze-up sale ended its record-setting run Thursday in England, posting its highest ever gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training