The lawsuit filed against Arlington Park by jockey Terry Houghton calls for no less than $10 million in punitive or exemplary damages.
With no official word coming on the cases of 10 jockeys banned from tracks in Florida and Pennsylvania last month, many of the riders in question have been forced to seek employment outside of their respective circuits while attorneys continue looking into their legal options.
With less than one week remaining until the start of the 2007 racing season, officials at Gulfstream Park said they would not grant access to the 10 jockeys banned from other tracks this month.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014