The lawsuit filed against Arlington Park by jockey Terry Houghton calls for no less than $10 million in punitive or exemplary damages.
With no official word coming on the cases of 10 jockeys banned from tracks in Florida and Pennsylvania last month, many of the riders in question have been forced to seek employment outside of their respective circuits while attorneys continue looking into their legal options.
With less than one week remaining until the start of the 2007 racing season, officials at Gulfstream Park said they would not grant access to the 10 jockeys banned from other tracks this month.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity