Magna Entertainment Corp. is asking a Delaware bankruptcy judge to approve an agreement to keep this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park even if the California track ends up in the hands of a new owner.
Frank Stronach is chairman of Magna Entertainment Corp., a major racetrack operator that filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection March 5. He also is the owner of Adena Springs, which won its fifth consecutive Eclipse Award as outstanding breeder in 2008 while Stronach picked up his fourth Eclipse as outstanding owner. Stronach discussed the MEC bankruptcy with The Blood-Horse following the Adena Springs sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Most Popular Stories
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Bettys Bambino Draws Well in Downhill Daytona
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Silviniaco Conti Wins 2nd King George Chase
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability