Magna Entertainment Corp. is asking a Delaware bankruptcy judge to approve an agreement to keep this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park even if the California track ends up in the hands of a new owner.
Frank Stronach is chairman of Magna Entertainment Corp., a major racetrack operator that filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection March 5. He also is the owner of Adena Springs, which won its fifth consecutive Eclipse Award as outstanding breeder in 2008 while Stronach picked up his fourth Eclipse as outstanding owner. Stronach discussed the MEC bankruptcy with The Blood-Horse following the Adena Springs sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Blacktype Wins Record Commonwealth Turf Cup
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Tepin Among Stakes Nominees at Keeneland
- Noholdingback Bear in Gallant Bob Stakes
- 'Lion' Front-Running Upsetter in Middle Park
- Black Heart Bart, Bon Aurum Win at Caulfield