Freshman sire Bank Heist saw his first winner Nov. 4, when Behrnik's Bank overpowered nine other Pennsylvania-bred fillies to win the third race at Penn National Race Course by 18 1/2 lengths.
The first reported foal by Bank Heist is a filly born Feb. 28 at J Jeps Farm near Anville, Pa.
Bank Heist, a winning half-brother to champion sprinter and two-time Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Midnight Lute, has been retired and will stand the 2012 breeding season at Kaz Hill Farm near Middletown, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field