Maryland Jockey Club's properties now set to be sold Feb. 23
Snowden Carter, who served as general manager of the Maryland Horse Breeders' Association and editor of The Maryland Horse from 1962 until his retirement in 1986, died Feb. 3 of heart failure at his home in Owings Mills, Md. He was 83.
A study to be released out of Maryland Wednesday says there is little evidence racetrack business significantly declines if slot machines are housed at locations other than racetracks.
Belmont Stakes stories selected from newspapers and Web sites.
John David Schapiro, former owner of Laurel Race Course, died Saturday from heart failure at a hospital in Baltimore, Md. He was 87. In 1952 he introduced the Washington D.C. International, a turf race designed to attract the best horses from around the world.
Links to Belmont Stakes-related stories.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- Demonstrative in Aiken Thoroughbred HOF
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23