Maryland Jockey Club's properties now set to be sold Feb. 23
Snowden Carter, who served as general manager of the Maryland Horse Breeders' Association and editor of The Maryland Horse from 1962 until his retirement in 1986, died Feb. 3 of heart failure at his home in Owings Mills, Md. He was 83.
A study to be released out of Maryland Wednesday says there is little evidence racetrack business significantly declines if slot machines are housed at locations other than racetracks.
Belmont Stakes stories selected from newspapers and Web sites.
John David Schapiro, former owner of Laurel Race Course, died Saturday from heart failure at a hospital in Baltimore, Md. He was 87. In 1952 he introduced the Washington D.C. International, a turf race designed to attract the best horses from around the world.
Links to Belmont Stakes-related stories.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop