Maryland Jockey Club's properties now set to be sold Feb. 23
Snowden Carter, who served as general manager of the Maryland Horse Breeders' Association and editor of The Maryland Horse from 1962 until his retirement in 1986, died Feb. 3 of heart failure at his home in Owings Mills, Md. He was 83.
A study to be released out of Maryland Wednesday says there is little evidence racetrack business significantly declines if slot machines are housed at locations other than racetracks.
Belmont Stakes stories selected from newspapers and Web sites.
John David Schapiro, former owner of Laurel Race Course, died Saturday from heart failure at a hospital in Baltimore, Md. He was 87. In 1952 he introduced the Washington D.C. International, a turf race designed to attract the best horses from around the world.
Links to Belmont Stakes-related stories.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Mubtaahij Races For 'Other' Sheikh in Belmont
- Champion Untapable Formidable in Ogden Phipps
- Five Aim for First Stakes Score in Easy Goer
- Champion Escena Dead at Age 22 in Kentucky
- Acorn Stakes Field Deep and Wide
- Tonalist Looks to Continue Met Mile Trend
- Belmont Post Draw: Todd Pletcher