Weigelia, a millionaire grandson of Danzig, will enter stud in 2009 at WynOaks Farm near Delta, Pa.
A colt from the first crop sired by Pimlico Special (gr. I) winner Include was purchased by Joseph Balsamo for $42,000 to top Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium.
When Sweetnorthernsaint co-owner Ted Theos was looking to bring his and partner Joe Balsalmo's horses to a Maryland area trainer two years ago, he looked for a conditioner who embodied focus, dedication, and hard work.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn