Weigelia, a millionaire grandson of Danzig, will enter stud in 2009 at WynOaks Farm near Delta, Pa.
A colt from the first crop sired by Pimlico Special (gr. I) winner Include was purchased by Joseph Balsamo for $42,000 to top Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium.
When Sweetnorthernsaint co-owner Ted Theos was looking to bring his and partner Joe Balsalmo's horses to a Maryland area trainer two years ago, he looked for a conditioner who embodied focus, dedication, and hard work.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees