Hong Kong star Cape of Good Hope set a course record at York Saturday when capturing the Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) in a surprise on the final day of the Royal Ascot meeting.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Three Valleys closed from mid-pack under Richard Hughes to prevail by three-quarters of a length in the $175,885 Shadwell Stud Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 3 at Newmarket.
Balmont, a member of Stravinsky's first crop, won the Scottish Equitable Gimcrack Stakes (Eng-II) by a head over Fokine at York Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf