A Lope de Vega colt from the family of English and Irish group I winner Rizeena topped the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 24, bringing 325,000 guineas ($535,921 in United States funds).
Rock Hard Ten, the multiple grade I-winning son of Kris S., got his inital winner and first stakes winner June 26 when Long Lashes won the Ballygallon Stud Stakes for juvenile fillies at the Curragh in Ireland.
Illuminise gave Irish breds a sweep of Oak Tree's grass stakes for 3-year-olds this weekend when she captured the $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap for 3-year-old fillies on Sunday at Santa Anita.
Aragorn tuned up for the NetJets' Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) in one month with a smart win as the overwhelming favorite in Saturday's Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. II) on the turf at Santa Anita.
Ballygallon Stud's Aragorn proved a popular winner of the $374,000 Del Mar Breeders' Cup Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Saturday to run his impressive winning streak to three.
Favored Aragorn smashed the Del Mar course record for nine furlongs on the turf with a scintillating four-length score in the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) Sunday under Corey Nakatani.
Jockey Corey Nakatani earned his 2,999th career win Monday when he guided Ballygallon Stud's homebred Aragorn, the longest shot on the board, to victory in the $321,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism