Rock Hard Ten, the multiple grade I-winning son of Kris S., got his inital winner and first stakes winner June 26 when Long Lashes won the Ballygallon Stud Stakes for juvenile fillies at the Curragh in Ireland.
Illuminise gave Irish breds a sweep of Oak Tree's grass stakes for 3-year-olds this weekend when she captured the $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap for 3-year-old fillies on Sunday at Santa Anita.
Aragorn tuned up for the NetJets' Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) in one month with a smart win as the overwhelming favorite in Saturday's Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. II) on the turf at Santa Anita.
Ballygallon Stud's Aragorn proved a popular winner of the $374,000 Del Mar Breeders' Cup Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Saturday to run his impressive winning streak to three.
Favored Aragorn smashed the Del Mar course record for nine furlongs on the turf with a scintillating four-length score in the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) Sunday under Corey Nakatani.
Jockey Corey Nakatani earned his 2,999th career win Monday when he guided Ballygallon Stud's homebred Aragorn, the longest shot on the board, to victory in the $321,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David