The $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III) attracted an intriguing 13-horse field, including globetrotting Jakkalberry, 2012 Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) victor Royal Diamond, and Saddler's Rock, who has shown impressive stamina.
Stud Dona Pancha's Calidoscopio targeted the leaders at the top of the stretch and pulled away to win the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) by a widening 4 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Nov. 2.
Turbo Compressor and Casino Host, both qualifiers for the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) later this fall, will take a test spin over the Santa Anita Park course in the $150,000 John Henry Turf Championship (gr. IIT) Sept. 30.
Multiple grade I winner Richard's Kid was victorious in his first start in the United States in more than 20 months, romping by 7 1/4 lengths at Betfair Hollywood Park in the $71,650 Prove It Stakes on the night of June 8.
Off his scintillating front-running triumph in the San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) lat month, Tapizar will be a heavy choice when he faces seven opponents in the $200,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 4.
Heavy favorite Tapizar dictated the pace under Corey Nakatani and was never threatened as he drew away in the stretch to post an easy victory in the $150,000 San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green