The $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III) attracted an intriguing 13-horse field, including globetrotting Jakkalberry, 2012 Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) victor Royal Diamond, and Saddler's Rock, who has shown impressive stamina.
Stud Dona Pancha's Calidoscopio targeted the leaders at the top of the stretch and pulled away to win the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) by a widening 4 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Nov. 2.
Turbo Compressor and Casino Host, both qualifiers for the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) later this fall, will take a test spin over the Santa Anita Park course in the $150,000 John Henry Turf Championship (gr. IIT) Sept. 30.
Multiple grade I winner Richard's Kid was victorious in his first start in the United States in more than 20 months, romping by 7 1/4 lengths at Betfair Hollywood Park in the $71,650 Prove It Stakes on the night of June 8.
Off his scintillating front-running triumph in the San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) lat month, Tapizar will be a heavy choice when he faces seven opponents in the $200,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 4.
Heavy favorite Tapizar dictated the pace under Corey Nakatani and was never threatened as he drew away in the stretch to post an easy victory in the $150,000 San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Brody's Cause? An Iowa Community College