A Gallery of 16 of this year's top stallions. View Slideshow
Ballado Chieftan, a stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will stand in 2011 at Buffalo Creek Horse Ranch near Langley, Okla.
Stakes-placed Ballado Chieftan has been bought by a partnership to stand at Henry Hanson's Hanson's Thoroughbreds near Adrian, Minn., in 2005.
Ballado Chieftan, a 3-year-old stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Bruce Kline and partners' Spendthrift Farm near Lexington.
Stakes-placed Ballado Chieftan, a promising 3-year-old trained by Nick Zito, was seriously injured in a Saturday training mishap at Churchill Downs and was scheduled for surgery later in the day.
Clock Stopper earned his first career stakes win Thursday with a sharp victory in the $108,300 Perryville Stakes at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler