A Gallery of 16 of this year's top stallions. View Slideshow
Ballado Chieftan, a stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will stand in 2011 at Buffalo Creek Horse Ranch near Langley, Okla.
Stakes-placed Ballado Chieftan has been bought by a partnership to stand at Henry Hanson's Hanson's Thoroughbreds near Adrian, Minn., in 2005.
Ballado Chieftan, a 3-year-old stakes-placed son of Saint Ballado, will enter stud at Bruce Kline and partners' Spendthrift Farm near Lexington.
Stakes-placed Ballado Chieftan, a promising 3-year-old trained by Nick Zito, was seriously injured in a Saturday training mishap at Churchill Downs and was scheduled for surgery later in the day.
Clock Stopper earned his first career stakes win Thursday with a sharp victory in the $108,300 Perryville Stakes at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Virginia Aims to Move Graded Stakes to Laurel
- Highlander Features Battle of The Sexes
- Golden Horn Tackles Older Horses at Sandown
- Warriorscmoutoplay Rolls Into Azalea
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile