The fees for Shadwell's European stallions remain largely unchanged for 2014 but a couple of have relocated within Great Britain.
The median price rose 33.3% from 2008 during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 26 in England. However, the gross revenue and average price suffered moderate setbacks, falling 12.6% and 11.1%, respectively.
English champion miler Bahri, sire of European champion Sakhee, will be relocated from Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington to his Derrinstown Stud in County Kildare, Ireland.
Littleton Arwen, who finished second in this year's Betfair.com Eternal Stakes, sold for 110,000 guineas (approximately $179,971) Wednesday to top the second day of the Tattersalls July sale in England.
Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm announced that successful sire Bahri will stand for $20,000 in 2003.
English champion Elnadim will be headed to Sheikh Hamdan's Derrinstown Stud in County Kildare in Ireland following current stallion duty at Westbury Stud in New Zealand.
Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum's homebred Alshakr (by Bahri) defeated Croeso Cariad (Most Welcome) by 1 1/2 lengths in the Falmouth Stakes, Wednesday's featured event on the Newmarket, England card.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer