The fees for Shadwell's European stallions remain largely unchanged for 2014 but a couple of have relocated within Great Britain.
The median price rose 33.3% from 2008 during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 26 in England. However, the gross revenue and average price suffered moderate setbacks, falling 12.6% and 11.1%, respectively.
English champion miler Bahri, sire of European champion Sakhee, will be relocated from Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington to his Derrinstown Stud in County Kildare, Ireland.
Littleton Arwen, who finished second in this year's Betfair.com Eternal Stakes, sold for 110,000 guineas (approximately $179,971) Wednesday to top the second day of the Tattersalls July sale in England.
Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm announced that successful sire Bahri will stand for $20,000 in 2003.
English champion Elnadim will be headed to Sheikh Hamdan's Derrinstown Stud in County Kildare in Ireland following current stallion duty at Westbury Stud in New Zealand.
Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum's homebred Alshakr (by Bahri) defeated Croeso Cariad (Most Welcome) by 1 1/2 lengths in the Falmouth Stakes, Wednesday's featured event on the Newmarket, England card.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash