Bahri, sire of 2001 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) victor Sakhee among 16 stakes winners, has been retired from stud duty at the age of 23, Shadwell Estate Co. and Girsonfield Stud and Racing announced Aug. 28.
The fees for Shadwell's European stallions remain largely unchanged for 2014 but a couple of have relocated within Great Britain.
The median price rose 33.3% from 2008 during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 26 in England. However, the gross revenue and average price suffered moderate setbacks, falling 12.6% and 11.1%, respectively.
English champion miler Bahri, sire of European champion Sakhee, will be relocated from Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington to his Derrinstown Stud in County Kildare, Ireland.
Littleton Arwen, who finished second in this year's Betfair.com Eternal Stakes, sold for 110,000 guineas (approximately $179,971) Wednesday to top the second day of the Tattersalls July sale in England.
Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm announced that successful sire Bahri will stand for $20,000 in 2003.
English champion Elnadim will be headed to Sheikh Hamdan's Derrinstown Stud in County Kildare in Ireland following current stallion duty at Westbury Stud in New Zealand.
Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum's homebred Alshakr (by Bahri) defeated Croeso Cariad (Most Welcome) by 1 1/2 lengths in the Falmouth Stakes, Wednesday's featured event on the Newmarket, England card.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm