Lawrence Goichman's J'ray, a close second in each of her last three starts, all in grade III competition, gets another chance when she heads a field of 12 fillies and mares named to Saturday's $150,000 Bayou Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Clinton and Susan Atkins' Baghdaria settled behind a four-horse duel on the front before making her bid for the lead and drawing clear at the wire to win the $402,800 Indiana Breeders Cup Oaks (gr. III) Friday night at Hoosier Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Kettle Corn Retired, Will Stand in Ohio
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour