Prospector, a Galileo half brother to champion Mastercraftsman, topped the Oct. 26 opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale at 240,000 guineas ($386,684).
Sharp Susan and Mimi Lebrock commanded seven-figure prices as the William Inglis & Son Easter Broodmare sale opened April 17 in Australia with a super select session and supplementary offerings.
A Galileo filly named Peace of Love commanded 600,000 guineas ($973,111 in U.S. funds) to top the second session of the Book 1 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
The Book 1 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale got off to a flying start with increases of 21.6% in gross revenue, 48% in average price, and 51.5% in median price from a year ago.
Song, an unraced full sister to two group I winners, led the way on the second day of the Tattersalls December mare sale, bringing 1.7 million guineas ($2,968,271 in U.S. funds) Dec. 1 in England. The gross revenue for the session rose 11% from 2008, and the average price fell less than 1%. However, the median price plunged 30%.
Song, an unraced Irish-bred 3-year-old Sadler's Wells mare and a full sister to two group I winners, was bought for 1,700,000 guineas (US $2.96 million) by Badgers Bloodstock during the Dec. 1 second session of the Tattersalls December mares sale at the Newmarket, England sales company's Park Paddocks.
The Australian William Inglis & Son broodmare sale ended on a high note Tuesday, with records for gross revenue and average price from the big catalogue. Seems there are a lot of buyers out there keen to breed now.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road