Wishing Gate and Bad Debt figure prominently in the two Florida Sunshine Millions races on turf Jan. 18 at Gulfstream Park, a pair of intriguing grass tests as Florida-breds get the spotlight.
With last year's winner and stablemate Philly Ace scratched, Speaking of Which made the most of an opportunity to shine for trainer Christophe Clement in the Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 7 at Calder Race Course.
Mordi's Miracle posted an upset in the $150,000 Sunshine Millions Classic Preview at Gulfstream Park Nov. 9, but his three-length triumph could hardly be termed a miracle.
With a well-timed ride from Joe Bravo, favored Za Approval caught outsider Tune Me In in the final yards to capture the $111,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. III) on the turf May 18 at Monmouth Park.
My Pal Chrisy and Bad Debt were repeat winners in the Florida Million at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 10, while Cash Rules led all the way to capture the $150,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap.
Florida Million Day returns to Calder Casino & Race Course for the 11th time Nov. 10, with title defenses in the Bonnie Heath Turf Cup by Bad Debt and the Elmer Heubeck Distaff by My Pal Chrisy highlighting the program.
Mad Flatter, winner of the Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) last month, heads the field for the co-featured $150,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap on the annual Florida Million program at Calder Casino and Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident