Dean's Kitten, owned by Ken and Sarah Ramsey, has been installed as the lukewarm 7-2 morning line favorite in the $150,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT). Eight 3-year-olds were entered in the 1 1/8-mile turf event.
The field for this weekend's Louisiana Derby (gr. II) is similar to the recently concluded Florida Derby (gr. I) in one important way: Both major Kentucky Derby preps drew full fields of promising but unproven 3-year-olds.
The $750,000 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds on Saturday, March 27, has drawn a field of 13, headed by Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Discreetly Mine.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A