WinStar Farm is auctioning off memorabilia on eBay.com. All sale proceeds will go to four designated industry and area charities. The online auction of four separate offerings began May 21 and will close May 29.
"The Derby Preview," a dinner and auction that has traditionally kicked off Kentucky Derby week, is scheduled for April 29 at the Crowne Plaza Louisville.
Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel and trainer Carl Nafzger are among the celebrity bartenders who will take part in a fundraising event supporting the Backside Learning Center and the Race for Education to be held at the Kentucky Derby Museum next to Churchill Downs following the running of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) Saturday.
Immediately following the June 16 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I), the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville will host a happy hour with local "celebrity" bartenders. The event will support the Backside Learning Center and the Race for Education. Presented by the Equine Wellness Foundation to benefit horsemen's education, special guests will serve their favorite drinks.
Most Popular Stories
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- New York Horsemen Commit Money to Jockey Fund
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Maybry's Boy to E.A. Ranches
- Buyers Reward Quick Breeze Times
- Revenue Down, Income Up for PNGI