Australia's final group I race of 2013 fell to Ihtsahymn, who held off fast-finishing favorite Luckygray in the Tabtouch Kingston Town Classic Dec. 7 at Ascot Racecourse in Perth.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Haafhd, winner of the English Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) last month, heads a field of 11 entered for the St. James's Palace Stakes during opening day at Royal Ascot on Tuesday.
Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Most Popular Stories
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- California Implements New Whip Rule