Adventador relished the less-than-ideal track conditions at Trentham Jan. 16 and pulled an unlikely victory in the JR&N Berkett Telegraph (NZ-I), scoring his first group win in an 80-1 upset.
Australia's final group I race of 2013 fell to Ihtsahymn, who held off fast-finishing favorite Luckygray in the Tabtouch Kingston Town Classic Dec. 7 at Ascot Racecourse in Perth.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Haafhd, winner of the English Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) last month, heads a field of 11 entered for the St. James's Palace Stakes during opening day at Royal Ascot on Tuesday.
Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes