Adventador relished the less-than-ideal track conditions at Trentham Jan. 16 and pulled an unlikely victory in the JR&N Berkett Telegraph (NZ-I), scoring his first group win in an 80-1 upset.
Australia's final group I race of 2013 fell to Ihtsahymn, who held off fast-finishing favorite Luckygray in the Tabtouch Kingston Town Classic Dec. 7 at Ascot Racecourse in Perth.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Haafhd, winner of the English Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) last month, heads a field of 11 entered for the St. James's Palace Stakes during opening day at Royal Ascot on Tuesday.
Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Claiborne Sets 2017 Stud Fees