The biggest surprises for City Zip offspring may be the improvement of most of his runners with maturity and the affinity many seem to have for turf.
City Wolf, a half brother to top North American sires Ghostzapper and City Zip, has joined the rapidly-growing stallion roster at Pleasant Acres Stallions in Morriston, Fla., near Ocala, Joe and Helen Barbazon announced.
City Wolf, making his stakes debut, shook loose of his rivals at the head of the stretch to register his fourth consecutive victory for trainer Reade Baker in the $144,589 Durham Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine Oct. 2.
J. Robert Harris Jr., breeder/owner of 2005 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year Baby Zip, died Jan. 1 at age 91.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders has named Saint Liam as the state-bred Horse of the Year and Baby Zip as Broodmare of the Year.
City Zip, a half-brother to Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Doge (gr. I) winner Ghostzapper, is being moved for the 2005 breeding season to Will Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries