The biggest surprises for City Zip offspring may be the improvement of most of his runners with maturity and the affinity many seem to have for turf.
City Wolf, a half brother to top North American sires Ghostzapper and City Zip, has joined the rapidly-growing stallion roster at Pleasant Acres Stallions in Morriston, Fla., near Ocala, Joe and Helen Barbazon announced.
City Wolf, making his stakes debut, shook loose of his rivals at the head of the stretch to register his fourth consecutive victory for trainer Reade Baker in the $144,589 Durham Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine Oct. 2.
J. Robert Harris Jr., breeder/owner of 2005 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year Baby Zip, died Jan. 1 at age 91.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders has named Saint Liam as the state-bred Horse of the Year and Baby Zip as Broodmare of the Year.
City Zip, a half-brother to Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Doge (gr. I) winner Ghostzapper, is being moved for the 2005 breeding season to Will Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI