Strike the Gold, the 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who stands at stud in Turkey, sired his second winner of the Turkish Oaks (Tur-I) when his daughter Balcibin captured the 1 5/16-mile turf race.
William J. Condren, 74, who won the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) twice with partners, died Monday at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North