Strike the Gold, the 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who stands at stud in Turkey, sired his second winner of the Turkish Oaks (Tur-I) when his daughter Balcibin captured the 1 5/16-mile turf race.
William J. Condren, 74, who won the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) twice with partners, died Monday at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Most Popular Stories
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin