Strike the Gold, the 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who stands at stud in Turkey, sired his second winner of the Turkish Oaks (Tur-I) when his daughter Balcibin captured the 1 5/16-mile turf race.
William J. Condren, 74, who won the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) twice with partners, died Monday at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- That Handicapping Show: Hagyard Fayette S.
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss