Strike the Gold, the 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who stands at stud in Turkey, sired his second winner of the Turkish Oaks (Tur-I) when his daughter Balcibin captured the 1 5/16-mile turf race.
William J. Condren, 74, who won the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) twice with partners, died Monday at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes