Strike the Gold, the 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who stands at stud in Turkey, sired his second winner of the Turkish Oaks (Tur-I) when his daughter Balcibin captured the 1 5/16-mile turf race.
William J. Condren, 74, who won the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) twice with partners, died Monday at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
B. Giles Brophy, who raced 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Strike the Gold in partnership, died April 9 following a lengthy battle with leukemia. He was 68.
Most Popular Stories
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Texas Commission Gets Three-Month Reprieve
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale