Keeneland director of sales Geoffrey Russell called Tuesday's opening session of the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training "a success." But the auction will have to seriously improve upon its first night gross of $7,127,000 in Wednesday's second session to equal or surpass last year's total of $16,637,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts