Calder Casino & Race Course said June 16 it has canceled its "Summit of Speed" program scheduled for July 5 because of its pending racing-dates deal with nearby Gulfstream Park.
After posting a four-length victory in the local prep race for the Azalea Stakes (gr. III), Rontos Racing Stable's Wildcat Lily will enter the six-furlong sprint for 3-year-old fillies July 6 in top form.
Benefiting from a patient ride by Luca Panici, Another Romance rallied from last to win the six-furlong Azalea Stakes (gr. III) on the "Summit of Speed" card at Calder Race Course & Casino July 7.
Nine 3-year-old filly sprinters, including the top two finishers from the Leave Me Alone Stakes, have been entered for the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) going six furlongs on the July 7 "Summit of Speed" card at Calder.
Indiano, last year's champion 2-year-old in Panama, earned his first U.S. graded stakes victory with a decisive win in the Carry Back (gr. II) July 9 at Calder. One race earlier, Devilish Lady captured the Azalea Stakes.
Terra Di Sienna's Pica Slew caught pacesetter Rapport at the eighth-pole and cruised to a two-length win in the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) July 10 at Calder Race Course.
Remarkable 3-year-old sprinter D'Funnybone, entering off an authoritative victory last month, will be an overwhelming favorite in a short field entered for the $200,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III) July 10 at Calder.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 2
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth