Stronach Stable and Brian Allen's 3-year-old filly Buffythecenterfold got a lot of attention last year for her Playboy cover namesake, but the daughter of Capote has earned the respect of horse players for her accomplishments on the racetrack over the last two seasons.
Saturday's $1.75 million Summit of Speed program at Calder Race Course will have top sprinters from coast-to-coast flying in to face a solid home defense team of speedsters in the six stakes races.
Xtra Heat and Willa On The Move each worked a half-mile at Laurel Park Monday morning in preparation for 'Summit of Speed' stakes at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Nelson Bunker Hunt's Hattiesburg rallied while wide on the turn to win Saturday $250,000 Azalea Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III), earning her fifth consecutive win. During her streak, Hattiesburg has notched victories at five different tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Double-Digit Growth in Arc Export Handle
- Spendthrift Moving Court Vision, Victor's Cry
- Pletcher Horses Hit the Track at Keeneland
- Questions Facing Breeders' Cup Classic Horses
- Owner Recruitment, Retention Focus of Panel
- Injured Rossi 'An Inspiration' After Accident
- Big Macher Breezes at Santa Anita Park
- Former Arlington Executive to Kentucky Downs
- Canani Suspended by Santa Anita Stewards
- Golden Horn Impressive in Arc de Triomphe