Stronach Stable and Brian Allen's 3-year-old filly Buffythecenterfold got a lot of attention last year for her Playboy cover namesake, but the daughter of Capote has earned the respect of horse players for her accomplishments on the racetrack over the last two seasons.
Saturday's $1.75 million Summit of Speed program at Calder Race Course will have top sprinters from coast-to-coast flying in to face a solid home defense team of speedsters in the six stakes races.
Xtra Heat and Willa On The Move each worked a half-mile at Laurel Park Monday morning in preparation for 'Summit of Speed' stakes at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Nelson Bunker Hunt's Hattiesburg rallied while wide on the turn to win Saturday $250,000 Azalea Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III), earning her fifth consecutive win. During her streak, Hattiesburg has notched victories at five different tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- New York THA Invests in Testing Equipment
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Whistling Past the Graveyard
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Inside the September 5, 2015 Issue