The $200,000 King's Bishop, a seven-furlong stake for three-year-olds, has been a chalk player's delight the last four years. But if the likely favorites Saturday, Zavata and Posse, a pair of multiple graded stakes winners, want to keep that trend going, they better have their "A" game.
Robert V. Lapenta's Awesome Time, the second-longest shot in the field of eight at odds of 20-1, nipped Christine's Outlaw, by a nose to win the $250,000 Leonard Richards Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Delaware Park.
While the best three-year-olds in the country are running in the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, several up-and-comers in the one-mile Withers Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct could join the Visa Triple Crown trail later down the road.
Most Popular Stories
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Indiana Grand to Host PDJF Event
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks