The $200,000 King's Bishop, a seven-furlong stake for three-year-olds, has been a chalk player's delight the last four years. But if the likely favorites Saturday, Zavata and Posse, a pair of multiple graded stakes winners, want to keep that trend going, they better have their "A" game.
Robert V. Lapenta's Awesome Time, the second-longest shot in the field of eight at odds of 20-1, nipped Christine's Outlaw, by a nose to win the $250,000 Leonard Richards Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Delaware Park.
While the best three-year-olds in the country are running in the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, several up-and-comers in the one-mile Withers Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct could join the Visa Triple Crown trail later down the road.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win