The $200,000 King's Bishop, a seven-furlong stake for three-year-olds, has been a chalk player's delight the last four years. But if the likely favorites Saturday, Zavata and Posse, a pair of multiple graded stakes winners, want to keep that trend going, they better have their "A" game.
Robert V. Lapenta's Awesome Time, the second-longest shot in the field of eight at odds of 20-1, nipped Christine's Outlaw, by a nose to win the $250,000 Leonard Richards Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Delaware Park.
While the best three-year-olds in the country are running in the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, several up-and-comers in the one-mile Withers Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct could join the Visa Triple Crown trail later down the road.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Despite Challenges, Gulfstream West Steady
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November