Salvador Hernandez's La Tia displayed her affinity for her home track May 24 in the $150,000 Arlington Matron (gr. III), romping wire-to-wire under E.T. Baird in the 1 1/8-mile Polytrack event at Arlington Park.
Arlington Oaks winner La Tia is after her second grade III victory, but could have her work cut out for her May 24 when invader Moment in Dixie comes in for the $150,000 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III).
Undefeated since moving to the barn of trainer Ron Faucheux, Brittlyn Stable's Class Included looks to keep her streak alive against seven others in the $400,000 Houston Ladies Classic Jan. 25 at Sam Houston Race Park.
The 32nd running of the $100,000 Gardenia Stakes (gr. III) at Ellis Park Aug. 10 will mark 2012 champion female sprinter Groupie Doll's 5-year-old debut.
Following a review of the recent Lady Canterbury Stakes by the American Graded Stakes Committee, the listed status of the stakes that was contested July 13 at Canterbury Park has been reinstated.
Mister Marti Gras won the inaugural $125,000 Mystic Lake Mile at Canterbury Park July 13 as the 3-5 favorite, a race after Awesome Flower was victorious in the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Former Classics Starters Line Up in Jean Prat
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor