Making her first start outside her native Brazil, Stud TNT's Old Tune showed an affinity for her new surroundings when she won the $150,000 Endeavor Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Tampa Bay Downs Feb. 2.
Nine 3-year-old filly sprinters, including the top two finishers from the Leave Me Alone Stakes, have been entered for the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) going six furlongs on the July 7 "Summit of Speed" card at Calder.
Awesome Belle, Bet to Win, and Say a Novena, all consistent performers until their most recent stakes efforts, will try to take a step back in the right direction when they contest the Old Hat (gr. III) Jan. 1 at Gulfstream.
Florida-based Fred Brei and Stanley Gold won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies with Awesome Feather in 2010, and are back at Churchill Downs again with Awesome Belle and Fort Loudon, both homebreds by Awesome of Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies