Retired jockey Richard Migliore, equine retirement facility Old Friends, and veteran Turf writer Neil Milbert will be honored by the National Turf Writers Association at its Nov. 3 dinner.
One of the most definitive and memorable evenings kicking off the fall season in Central Kentucky is the annual Thoroughbred Owners' and Breeders' Award dinner, which is now in its 21st year.
It was nearly a sweep for the "A" team -- the connections of Florida-bred Afleet Alex -- who collected hardware for five major awards, including champion 3-year-old colt and Florida-bred horse of the year at the annual Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association Awards dinner Jan. 16.
Bill Casner, co-owner of WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., called for support of video lottery terminals in Kentucky and the Thoroughbred Championship Tour while accepting the 2003 Industry Service Award at the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association's National Awards Dinner.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will hold its 18th annual Awards dinner and program at Walmac International near Lexington on Sept. 5, 2003. Grammy Award winner Sawyer Brown will perform at the event.
Country musician Clint Black headlines entertainment
Most Popular Stories
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup