Longtime track photographer Jim McCue, whose career includes documenting four Triple Crown champions, has been selected to receive the 2017 Special Award of Merit, given by the Maryland Jockey Club.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Industry Press Releases, Southwest Region, Mid-Atlantic Region, Off Track Thoroughbreds
Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the Award of Merit recipients honored at state breeders' association awards ceremonies in June.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has named John Evans as its first Award of Merit recipient of 2016.
Oklahoma Thoroughbred Retirement Program is the July recipient of the Thoroughbred Charities of America's Award of Merit.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at breeders associations' awards ceremonies in May.
No award given to John Nerud could be more appropriately named than the Award of Merit.
At the National Turf Writers Association's annual awards dinner just before the 2000 Breeders' Cup, Jim McKay couldn't help taking a jab at those honoring him with the Joe Palmer Award for meritorious service to racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start