The Nov. 27 opener of the Tattersalls December foal sale was topped by a Clodovil colt out of Inching, by Inchinor, bought for 60,000 guineas (about $130,000) by pinhooker Jimmy Murphy of Redpender Stud.
Hurricane Run, whose five races this year included the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I) and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), was named European Horse Of The Year at the 2005 Cartier Racing Awards, which were presented at the Four Seasons Hotel in London's West End Wednesday, Nov. 16.
There was much more to the results of the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp Majestic Barriere (Fr-I) than what the tote board stated after the race finished.
Dropped out of the running early, Porlezza and Christophe Soumillon ran down the field to win the 6 1/2-furlong Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville going away on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training