The Nov. 27 opener of the Tattersalls December foal sale was topped by a Clodovil colt out of Inching, by Inchinor, bought for 60,000 guineas (about $130,000) by pinhooker Jimmy Murphy of Redpender Stud.
Hurricane Run, whose five races this year included the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I) and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), was named European Horse Of The Year at the 2005 Cartier Racing Awards, which were presented at the Four Seasons Hotel in London's West End Wednesday, Nov. 16.
There was much more to the results of the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp Majestic Barriere (Fr-I) than what the tote board stated after the race finished.
Dropped out of the running early, Porlezza and Christophe Soumillon ran down the field to win the 6 1/2-furlong Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville going away on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time