The Nov. 27 opener of the Tattersalls December foal sale was topped by a Clodovil colt out of Inching, by Inchinor, bought for 60,000 guineas (about $130,000) by pinhooker Jimmy Murphy of Redpender Stud.
Hurricane Run, whose five races this year included the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I) and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), was named European Horse Of The Year at the 2005 Cartier Racing Awards, which were presented at the Four Seasons Hotel in London's West End Wednesday, Nov. 16.
There was much more to the results of the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp Majestic Barriere (Fr-I) than what the tote board stated after the race finished.
Dropped out of the running early, Porlezza and Christophe Soumillon ran down the field to win the 6 1/2-furlong Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville going away on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment