The Nov. 27 opener of the Tattersalls December foal sale was topped by a Clodovil colt out of Inching, by Inchinor, bought for 60,000 guineas (about $130,000) by pinhooker Jimmy Murphy of Redpender Stud.
Hurricane Run, whose five races this year included the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I) and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), was named European Horse Of The Year at the 2005 Cartier Racing Awards, which were presented at the Four Seasons Hotel in London's West End Wednesday, Nov. 16.
There was much more to the results of the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp Majestic Barriere (Fr-I) than what the tote board stated after the race finished.
Dropped out of the running early, Porlezza and Christophe Soumillon ran down the field to win the 6 1/2-furlong Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville going away on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries