Brass Hat and rider Willie Martinez came from the back of the field to surge past Suave and Hasslefree on his way to capturing the $511,300 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Saturday night.
Nick Zito-trained Sir Shackleton has been tabbed as the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000-added Indiana Derby (gr. II) Saturday at Hoosier Park. The Miswaki colt will be joined by eight other 3-year-olds in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Lloyd Madison Farms IV LLC's multiple graded stakes winner Champali figures to be a short-priced favorite in a small field of five for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint at Arlington Park.
An outside draw and a wide trip could not keep favored Cryptograph from getting to the winner's circle following the $100,000 Round Table Stakes Saturday at Arlington Park.
Fred F. Bradley's homebred Brass Hat, ridden by Willie Martinez, posted a 21-1 shocker by an easy three lengths in the $350,000 Ohio Derby (gr. II) at Thistledown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win