Brass Hat and rider Willie Martinez came from the back of the field to surge past Suave and Hasslefree on his way to capturing the $511,300 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Saturday night.
Nick Zito-trained Sir Shackleton has been tabbed as the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000-added Indiana Derby (gr. II) Saturday at Hoosier Park. The Miswaki colt will be joined by eight other 3-year-olds in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Lloyd Madison Farms IV LLC's multiple graded stakes winner Champali figures to be a short-priced favorite in a small field of five for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint at Arlington Park.
An outside draw and a wide trip could not keep favored Cryptograph from getting to the winner's circle following the $100,000 Round Table Stakes Saturday at Arlington Park.
Fred F. Bradley's homebred Brass Hat, ridden by Willie Martinez, posted a 21-1 shocker by an easy three lengths in the $350,000 Ohio Derby (gr. II) at Thistledown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby