Brass Hat and rider Willie Martinez came from the back of the field to surge past Suave and Hasslefree on his way to capturing the $511,300 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Saturday night.
Nick Zito-trained Sir Shackleton has been tabbed as the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000-added Indiana Derby (gr. II) Saturday at Hoosier Park. The Miswaki colt will be joined by eight other 3-year-olds in the 1 1/16-mile event.
Lloyd Madison Farms IV LLC's multiple graded stakes winner Champali figures to be a short-priced favorite in a small field of five for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint at Arlington Park.
An outside draw and a wide trip could not keep favored Cryptograph from getting to the winner's circle following the $100,000 Round Table Stakes Saturday at Arlington Park.
Fred F. Bradley's homebred Brass Hat, ridden by Willie Martinez, posted a 21-1 shocker by an easy three lengths in the $350,000 Ohio Derby (gr. II) at Thistledown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races